Soba noodles with chicken and vegetables
Ingredients (4 people)
300 g soba noodles
400 - 500 g chicken
1/3 pointed cabbage
3 carrots (peeled)
1 yellow bell pepper
350 g Brussels sprouts
Pepper and salt
(possibly cajun spices)
4 tbsp peanut oil
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp ketchup
2 tbsp sweet soy sauce
4 tbsp worchester sauce
1. Combine all the ingredients for the sauce, stir together and set aside.
2. Peel the onion and cut into pieces. Cut the pointed cabbage, bell pepper and carrots into pieces. Cut the Brussels sprouts in half.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons peanut oil in a wok pan and fry the onion briefly. First add the sprouts and carrots for a few minutes, they need to cook a little longer than the other vegetables. Then add the rest of the vegetables and wok until done. Set aside.
4. Cook the soba noodles according to the package instructions.
5. Cut the chicken into cubes. Heat 2 tablespoons peanut oil in a pan and fry the chicken until done. Season with salt, pepper and possibly cajun spices for a spicy touch.
6. Add the chicken and noodles to the vegetables in the wok pan. Add the sauce and stir everything together.
7. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 3-5 minutes.