100 g dried chickpeas
1 tbsp tahini
½ clove of garlic
1 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp water
pinch of salt
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp paprika powder
½ tsp cajun seasoning
1. Soak the chickpeas in cold water overnight. Drain the chickpeas and pat them dry. Bring water to a boil and cook chickpeas for 60 minutes. Drain and let cool.
2. Peel and crush the garlic.
3. Keep 2 teaspoons of chickpeas aside. Place the rest of the chickpeas together with the tahini, garlic, lemon juice, water and olive oil in a tall cup and mix with the hand blender until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. You can also mix everything in a food processor.
4. Divide the hummus over 2 bowls.
5. For the curry hummus, add 1 teaspoon of curry powder to one part.
6. For the paprika hummus, add 1 teaspoon of paprika and ½ teaspoon of cajun spices to the other part.
7. Sprinkle a teaspoon of the chickpeas set aside on each hummus.
TIP: You can also use canned chickpeas for this recipe. Take 200 g drained and rinsed canned chickpeas instead of 100g dried.